Monday, June 29, 2015

The Great Morning Commute

Come on!
I have had a lot of life changes over the last year.  I have moved twice, I am short a husband and I have taken on more responsibility.  I work for the same company, but I now commute to Fresno, CA daily from Visalia, CA. 

I get in my car each morning anywhere from 7:25 to 8:15 and I get on California's highway 99.  I always hope for an uneventful ride at 79mph from my entrance from south Visalia onto the highway all the way to my exit in south Fresno.  I've seen fires, accidents, speed traps and more than my fair share of idiots. 

I drive with mathematical precision.  I calculate the probability that I will pass the person ahead of me before getting stuck behind the person in the next lane over who thinks the speed limit is 52mph.  For some reason, my fellow travelers have not figured this out.  They whip into the slower lane to pass and discover that they aren't going to make any headway and then whip back in behind me.  All the while I'm wondering if they think I like going below the speed limit in the fast lane. 

I don't yell out at cars, but I do have conversations with them.  "I didn't know they lowered the speed limit here to 54mph, good to know." or "Did they install a brake check on this section of highway?"

No comments:

Post a Comment